We present one of the easiest and tasty red beet salads. You just need beets, onion and a little bit of time to cook it.
INGREDIENTS FOR GRATED BEET SALAD:
- 2 medium boiled red beets
- 1 fresh medium onion
- 2 Tbsp olive olive
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- Salt, ground pepper tasting
- Greens for serving (parsley, dill, thyme)
How to cook grated beet salad
1. Boil red beets for 45-60 minutes (the time depends on the size of beets).
2. Peel beets.
3. Grate beets into a bowl.
4. Pell onions and chop them.
5. Add dressing.
Cooking dressing for grated beet salad:
- Mix olive oil with vinegar.
- Add salt and pepper.
How to serve grated beet salad:
Add some greens on the top before serving. I prefer to use dried thyme.
Some tips how to make grated beet salad better:
- It is better to boil it unpeeled - in this case vegetables become more juicy.
- Use kitchen gloves while peeling beets, otherwise your hands will be colored in red.
- Cook with red onion - it is more sweet, but if you have no one, add some vinegar to chopped yellow onion. It lets you mellow bitter taste.
- Serve the salad with brown bread and herings (also you may use gravlax).