Russian vinaigrette salad is one of the most popular salads in Russian, Belarussian, and of course Ukrainian cuisines together with Olivier and Dressing herring salads.
It is very easy to cook and consist of simple cheap ingredients. Even beginner could cook it without guesswork.
Its further advantage is healthiness. Boiled carrots, sauerkraut and fatless dressing are useful for everybody. Today we can meet potato salad vinaigrette in many refectories and canteens in the former USSR countries.
In spite of simplicity there are some life hacks on how to cook salad vinaigrette better.
1. Boil beets for 45-60 minutes until it can be pierced with a knife.
2. Boil potatoes and carrots in a separate pot for 30 minutes.
3. Drain all boiled vegetables and let them cool to room temperature.
4. Cube the beets and mix with 1 Tbsp of oil in a bowl separately from other vegetables.
5. Cube all the other vegetables, mix it in another bowl, add there cubed pickles.
6. Mix all vegetables in one bowl, add diced sauerkraut.
7. Add dressing from mixed oil, vinegar and mustard with pepper.
8. Keep in a freeze before serving.
Serve the salad with a sprig of dill or parsley. You may also add herring or gravlax to your taste. Reduce the quantity of cucumbers and sauerkraut if you add salted fish to the salad. If you want to cook less complicated salad look at grated beet salad recipe.
You Might Also Like